What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that there is one living and true God, the creator of all; an infinite, intelligent Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence but eternally subsistent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God created man in the image of God, for the glory of God, and for the purpose of personal relationship with God. That relationship was broken and man’s original image was marred by sin. All men are born into sin. Man is totally helpless to change his sin nature and justify himself before God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God, which is to say, He is God; that He became man, yet without sin, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for sin; that He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; that He ascended into heaven in that body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest; and that He will return again personally, visibly, and gloriously, and will judge all men.
- We believe that man cannot save himself and that salvation is wholly of God, by grace; in love God gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for sin, thus procuring the redemption of those who acknowledge their sins through confession and repentance, ask God for forgiveness, and put their faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. This salvation is eternal in its duration and is available to all men. It results in the birth of a new nature created in the image of God, enabling man to be restored to a personal relationship with God. There is no other means of salvation than Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the presence of God at work in the world today. He indwells the Christian believer, enabling the believer to know that which the natural man can never know, and provides gifts that empower the believer to do that which the natural man can never do. It is the Holy Spirit that draws all people to God and convicts people of sin; He comforts, teaches, and guides the believer into all truth, and discerns error. He is God with us.