Promise Helpers is a non-profit Christian ministry for women that seeks to help women experience the fullness of God’s purpose and promises for them. Our desire is to bring women to a place of personal wholeness so they can bring wholeness to their marriages, homes, families, and communities. Promise Helpers is women ministering to women, reminding one another of the promises of God and encouraging one another to implement those promises into their daily lives. The foundation of Promise Helpers is prayer, for apart from Jesus Christ we can do nothing.
Some activities of Promise Helpers include:
- Training women in practical skills required to fulfill their many roles; implementing Titus 2…older women teaching and training younger women
- Spiritual training and Bible study for women
- Providing financial assistance to women in need
- Helping women meet the needs of their communities
- Hosting retreats
- Providing opportunities for fellowship, encouragement and reminding each other of the promises of God, that women might obtain hope and purpose for their futures
Some results of Promise Helpers include:
- God answering prayers and doing mighty works
- Increased faith…a greater vision of who God is and what He can do; a greater confidence that God carefully tends to our every need; new and deeper assurance of God’s personal, unconditional love; the presence of God experienced in a new and deeper way
- Greater unity in the Body of Christ through the breaking down of dividing walls such as age, race, socio-economic status, denominations, and any other divisive issue. (John 17:21-23)
- New and deeper friendships; the breakdown of isolation and loneliness
- Development of the unique gifts within each woman, and opportunities to use those gifts
- The opportunity to participate in what God is doing in the world today
- Renewal of dignity to the role of woman as one who brings nurturing, beauty, tenderness, compassion, sensitivity and inner strength to her world; restoration of womanhood to mankind
- Women who fear the Lord (Proverbs 31:10-31)
Promise Helpers was birthed in 1996 in Clyde, Texas, by a small group of women wanting to help other women experience God’s life-changing love in a real and personal way. Our desire was to show women brief encounters with a powerful Savior who knows us by name and cares about every detail of our lives, and Who wants to love us to perfection so we can go to our world and be the beautiful women God created us to be. Today, Promise Helpers is headquartered in Clyde, and has outreaches in several communities across Texas, including Clyde, Hamilton, and the Springtown/Weatherford area. The ministry engages in a variety of activities, but at heart, we are simply women seeking to remind each other of the precious promises of God and encourage one another to live the full, abundant life that results from knowing and loving Him.
For the promises of God in Him are yes and amen to the Glory of God through us.
II Corinthians 1:20